To help you capitalize on your website traffic, here are 10 tips that you can review and use to update your website and make the most of all the traffic you are generating. Even if you don’t have a massive influx of traffic today, it’s important to be prepared and ready for it.
- Make sure your website has the right messaging to help visitors pass the blink test.
People have attention span of gold fish; your website should have the clear message on your very first page that helps visitors pass the blink test. You need to grab attention, get your message across, and spark interest in your viewers … all within just a few seconds.
- Add visual calls-to-action to your site.
A call-to-action (CTA) is a button or link that you place on your website to drive prospective customers to become leads by filling out a form on a landing page. Adding a visual call to action button will increase the chances of your prospects becoming leads and eventually the customers.
- Add offers to your website that appeal to visitors and leads in all stages of the funnel.
The more a lead downloads your offers, the more likely they are to do business with you. Your offers will show your leads that you desire to see them succeed, and that you are an expert in your field. When they have confidence that your company can help them with their challenges, they are likely to contact you to discuss a partnership.
- Start blogging, and strive for a frequency of three to four times a week.
Blog, blog and blog more. Every time you write a blog post, it’s one more indexed page on your website, which means it’s one more opportunity for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website in organic search.
- Share your blog content with social media followers.
- Share educational content with relevant LinkedIn Groups.
Here is why you should leverage LinkedIn groups in your promotional strategy.
- The members of the groups are highly targeted, and hence you get in front of leads you would pay for using other social networks.
- Quality content on LinkedIn can build your brand and help you grow your blog.
- LinkedIn groups offer great feedback and advice on your writing and so this is a great place to learn something on the go.
- Create dedicated, conversion-optimized landing pages.
- Nurture leads with campaigns that bring them further down the funnel.
- Share educational content on sites your target audience frequents.
- Track and test all of your activities so you can get a more accurate gauge of what’s working.